iOS Apps, MS Word Appeal, Snow Leopard, iPod Announcements, Web and Data Outages.
News, tips and information impacting your life through technology.
Show notes and free subscriptions
Show Notes Episode 9
* Facebook 3.0 application launches for the iPhone
* Microsoft set to launch Windows 7 in New York on October 22
* Apple announces new iPod Nano and Touch models along with iTunes version 9
1. David’s past AT&T experience and now with an iphone
2. Follow-up: Microsoft permitted to continue Word sales for now
3. Snow Leopard
– Primarily all under the hood updates
– Expectations and Pricing
– Compatibility – ooVoo as example
– Shipped with downgraded flash version
– A) 64 Bit booting B) How to tell if computer is 64 bit?
4. Apple iPod announcements
– Price reductions
– Nano – video camera, larger screen and FM radio with Live Pause.
– itunes 9 (Home sharing)
– iphone and touch 3.1 firmware available
Discussion of the Cast
Current Web and Data Access Outages
– Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, ATT, Verizon all experienced issues within the last few weeks.
– When down, how do we get our news feeds?
– Did it even impact us? If so, in what capacity.
– Are these sites now targets because of their traffic flow and popularity?
– Will these networks be in existence in 10 years? Is there a concrete future?
– Is cloud computing worth, viable, and does it make sense for a business?
Tip or Site of Interest
Steve – Microsoft Springboard
September 24 a Virtual Roundtable on Windows 7 application compatibility. Panel will explore how virtualization tools can help you address Windows 7 application compatibility concerns whether you’re migrating from Windows Vista or Windows XP.